Over on Twitter, we’ve been sharing facts and figures (plus a few snapshots) that showcase our annual Clinical Research Initiative Meeting through the years. From 83 attendees in 2009 to almost 400 this year, the meeting has seen rapid growth.
As we gear up for this year’s meeting, let’s take a trip down memory lane…
- Since 2009, AACI’s CRI has had four steering committee chairs: Dr. James Thomas (Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center), Dr. Tony Reid (UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center), Dr. Paul Martin (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center) and Dr. Carrie Lee (UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center). Fun fact: Dr. Thomas is the only attendee who has registered for all 10 meetings!
- In 2011, 18 abstracts were submitted to the meeting. In 2018, that number has grown to 68. Check out this year’s abstracts.
- The CRI Listserv gives AACI’s 98 member centers a platform to share resources & crowdsource best practices. The Listserv had 330 subscribers in 2012. Today, that number has grown to 637.
- Last year’s program theme was “Moving Science Forward.” This year’s CRI meeting is all about “Leveraging Change to Advance Cures for Cancer Patients.”
- Over 60 posters will be on display at this year’s meeting. Members can join us for a poster session from 6:00-6:30 pm on Wednesday, July 11.
- To follow along with the sessions and share your own thoughts (and photos!), use the hashtag #CRI2018 throughout the meeting (July 11-12, Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel) and stay tuned for the rest of our #10yearsofCRI tweets today and tomorrow.